Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Laundry Room Artwork - Loads of Fun

Today I made a trip to Hobby Lobby, because they were having a sale 50% off framed artwork. Typically I tend to think artwork is overpriced, so I try to come up with cheaper, DIY decorations for my walls (because let's face it, it's not like artwork does anything except look pretty.) But in this case, half off regular price makes it pretty affordable, and the last time I was at Hobby Lobby, I noticed they have some really cute stuff. I was hoping to find something for our still-empty bedroom walls, but instead I came away with some cute and fun laundry room signs. The white space above the washer and dryer was just waiting for some inspiration, and I think these frames jazz up the space quite a bit, and bring it all together. Laundry is such a dull chore, so I might as well have a fun space to do it in. 

I saw this sign a few weeks ago, and decided to see if it was still there today. Thankfully, it was. It perfectly describes my attitude towards laundry in a cheeky, sarcastic way. ;-)


I loved the fun herringbone pattern and bold colors of the bottom sign. It's got a classic vintage look that I like. The top frame was actually something I put together. The frame used to be teal and lived on my bedside table, but since redoing the bedroom colors, it no longer matched. So I spray painted it gold, intending to put it in the bedroom somewhere, but I think it fits better in this space. I printed out the clothes pin graphics and glued them to some leftover scrapbook paper, and voila! Finished. 


Here's the whole finished space. I love it when things start coming together and start feeling like a defined space. Amazing how just a little something on the walls can go a long way.


I think I'll call this room done! 
(For now, anyway. There's always room to tweak.)


No comments:

Post a Comment