Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Adventures in Painting- Part 2

Tonight I discovered that I am a big fat hypocrite when it comes to painting. You see, I inherited two kinds of conflicting genes. First I got the klutzy genes, which causes incurable symptoms such as dropping things, tripping over your own feet, and falling flat on your face. But then I got the extreme perfectionism- the inability to accept any sort of flaw or defect. So when we started painting I gave Jamey strict instructions to adhere to. Don't overload the roller. Cut straight lines. And don't drip any paint. And then tonight I proceeded to break all of those rules and more by stepping in the paint tray. Total foot immersion. No dignity left. At least we covered up the carpet before we started painting.

After being thoroughly laughed at by my husband (and deservedly so) I gathered up the rest of my self respect and my paint roller and kept on going. And the walls turned out splendidly. Except that for some reason the paint started dripping down as it dried and I had to fix it in a panic. Jamey's half didn't drip, so I guess it must have been my fault, not following my own rules again, and accidentally overloading the paint rollers. That's about par for the course for me tonight. 

But in the end, it somehow turned out. Here it is after cutting all the edges (which took FOREVER):


Aaaand here's the finished first coat:


I think I like it. At least I had better like it because I've decided I'm not painting this room again for a long time. I agree with Eeyore (who slept the entire time)- it's too exhausting. 


We still have a second coat to do, and then we're on the the other half of the room and the kitchen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment